[Interest] [HELP]How to open an Oracle database with "sysdba" role inQt?

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:04:52 CET 2012

> Am 19.12.2012 um 07:38 schrieb Xiaognag Wang <xiaogangwang2012 at hotmail.com>:
>
> Hello everyone,

> In Oracle sqlplus, this can be done by following command:
> " SQL>conn system/password as sysdba"

First off, don't hijack mailing list threads!

(Amongst other annoyances that caused the above weird font, because I had to copy/paste your text via "Notes" on my mobile phone, as to properly start a *new* thread by creating a new email *from scratch* - EVERYONE on the internet knew that since at least 42 years! ;))

As for the actual question: I don't know the Qt DB API by experience, but I assume you could execute the above statement as a custom statement, as in:

  QDatabase db;
  db.exec("your statement");

Or would that only work if you /already/ have a valid connection? A "chicken or egg" problem then?

Cheers,
  Oliver