[Interest] Qt5/eglfs on a standard linux desktop system

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Thu Feb 9 16:32:08 CET 2012

On 02/08/2012 11:42 PM, ext Jon Trulson wrote:
> Hi, I want to experiment with Qt5, eglfs and the linux input event
> drivers (mouse for example) on a standard linux system.
>
> It's a 32b Ubuntu 11.10 system with an Nvidia GeForce 8600GT running
> the opensource driver (nouveau).

You might have better luck with the kms plugin, the eglfs plugin is only
known to work with embedded GPU drivers which allow doing
eglGetDisplay() with EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY.

The kms plugin also uses EGL internally, but it does eglGetDisplay() on
a GBM buffer, and then explicitly flips that buffer when swapBuffers()
is called.

--
Samuel