[Interest] Wierd Behavior on Mac OSX with QToolBar icons

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 21:01:16 CEST 2012

Am 18.07.2012 um 20:47 schrieb Eric Clark <eclark at ara.com>:

> Hello All,
>
> I am experiencing some very strange behavior when I load my application on Mac OSX for the first time.

I haven't encountered this particular bug of toolbar icon/button misplacement (but other various paint issues), but there were quite some changes/fixed up to recent Qt 4.8.x in the paint engine on OS X (mostly in the Qt's "Raster" paint engine, but also with regards to "native toolbars").

So the following experiments could be worthwhile:

* Try changing the paint engine: "Native" vs "Raster" (there's a command line switch which is evaluated by QApplication - check Qt docs)

* Upgrade to latest Qt 4.8.2

* If you're already using that one: downgrade to next minor version (Qt 4.7.x), if possible, to find out whether it is a regression

* (Repeat above step with "Raster" vs "Native"

* Enable/disable the use of the "native toolbar" to see whether that has an influence

Cheers,
  Oliver