[Interest] Issue updating from kubuntu 10.04 to kubuntu 12.04 (pangolin)

jaume dominguez faus jaume at land.aau.dk
Tue May 1 11:14:02 CEST 2012

Thank you Constantin, Harri and Alexander. All of you had a bit of the
solution for the problem.

1) yes, once deleted all the pro.user files, the meego dialog box is gone.
2) yes, the maintainers are somehow discarding the multimedia part of qt
by default.
         i) the voice recording is not correctly set up or it is set up
differently in this version because:
              a) the audio recording examples are missing

3) the multimedia library I used to use was included by QT += multimedia
and now it seems to be QT += multimediakit instead
4) suprisingly, the compiler had something to do as well because

          a) this macro
             #define for_each(_type,_iter,_coll) for (_type::iterator
_iter = _coll.begin(); _iter != _coll.end(); _iter++)
              which worked perfectly before is not valid anymore (this
is probably some gcc's release notes I did not noticed)
          b) NULL is not recognised by default and now I have to
#include <cstddef>

all in all, it seems like I was a bit old-fashioned :)