[Interest] QtCreator seems to ignore the "qmltypes" file (Qt 4.8.3)

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Nov 5 09:56:21 CET 2012

Hi Mark,

> I'm using QtCreator 2.5.84 (beta for 2.6).
> I'm trying to let QtCreator highlight and complete the plasma qml
> components.
>
> This is what i did:
> In the qmldir for the plasma components (core and components) i added:
> typeinfo plugins.qmltypes
>
> Then i generated a plugins.qmltypes in the same folder where the qmldir is
> also placed using the command:
> qmlplugindump org.kde.plasma.core 0.1 /usr/lib/kde4/imports >
> /usr/lib/kde4/imports/org/kde/plasma/core/plugins.qmltypes
>
> And i did the same for the org.kde.plasma.components package.
> Obviously in it;s own folder with also the qmldir file edited.
>
> However, QtCreater keeps giving me "unknown component (M300)" even
> though i can run it perfectly fine.

Can you check out the contents of the "General Messages" pane in Qt Creator? Does it print anything related to qmltype parsing?

> I'm using a qmlproject file and added /usr/lib/kde4/imports to the
> "importPaths" variable.

Maybe something's broken in the processing of custom importPaths. I'll put it on my TODO list, but maybe you can also file a bug report to bugreports.qt-project.org, qt creator, QML Tooling component? This ensures it's not forgotten ...

Regards

Kai