[Interest] Qt 5 and Mac App Store

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:03:25 CEST 2012

2012/10/19 Chris Meyer <cmeyer1969+qt at gmail.com>:
> My application keeps a main document and a list of linked photos and
> movies that go into the document. The linked files would require me to
> keep around a "security scope" for the files.

I think that is exactly what I meant previously by "document security
scoped URLs": as long as the user ever opened the "main URL" manually
and you "security-scoped" the "side-by-side" files, your application
can read them as well the next time (but not directly on their own, as
I highly suspect).

>  I've opted not to make
> the intrusive changes (for now) that have little or no benefit to an
> end user, and probably are in fact detrimental to usability.

How so? The users would not know about what is going on under the
hood: they would simply open the "main" document, as before. So how
would that affect usability?

(I mean, you *are* aware that Apple offers an API for exactly that
use-case, where you need to also read those "side-by-side" files of a
given document? Oh and yes: Probably "runs on Lion and above only")

Cheers, Oliver