[Interest] Heavily Commented Example: Simple Single Frontend with Two Backends

Daniel Price daniel.price at fxhome.com
Mon Oct 22 13:17:20 CEST 2012

>Could you elaborate?  One of the reasons I prefer QThread is that the SIGNAL/SLOT provides a thread-safe signalling/communication bridge across threads.

There is that. I've not had a case in my own code however where I needed that. I use invokables (std::function or boost::function) for callbacks and atomics for cross-thread state. Any critical sections are hidden behind the AO and managed by mutexes or atomics.

This email is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. Errors and Omissions Excluded. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender. Please delete the message from all places in your computer where it is stored. You should not copy the email or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. To do so may be unlawful. Email is an informal means of communicating and may be subject to data corruption accidentally or deliberately. For this reason it is inappropriate to rely on advice contained in an email without obtaining written confirmation of it first.

FXhome Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 04172812. Registered office: Suite 4 St Giles House, 27 St Giles Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1JN, U.K.