[Interest] What did I do?

Konrad Rosenbaum konrad at silmor.de
Wed Sep 5 08:43:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Wednesday 05 September 2012 00:37:11 Bill Crocker wrote:
> What did I do?

Nothing. This is the default.

> In my app, when I click in a section of the horizontal header a table view,
> all items in the corresponding column are selected.
>
> Is this a default behavior?
> Must I have done something to enable this behavior?

The default is to allow multiple cells to be selected at the same time:

* click on cell: select this cell
* click on row header: select the entire row
* click on column header: select the entire column
* no meta keys pressed at that time: deselect current selection and make fresh
selection
* Shift pressed: make it a range selection spanning from the last selected
cell to the new one
* Ctrl pressed: add to the existing selection

> How do I turn off this behavior?

Chose a different selection behavior, see QAbstractItemView::SelectionBehavior
and ...::SelectionMode for details.

The default is a Behavior of SelectItems and a Mode of ExtendedSelection

	Konrad