[Interest] My experience porting to Qt5 (on OS X)

Sylvain Pointeau sylvain.pointeau at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 17:11:01 CEST 2012

> What are the issues with Apples version of Clang?
>
> The biggest problem I have with Qt + clang on the mac is the dismal
> debugging. I can't get LLDB to work with Creator and Apple's ancient GDB is
> worse than useless.

I am in the process of compiling Qt 5 with clang+libc++ to have the full
c++11 support.
I compiled qtbase for now, I met multiple problems with other modules
(assimp, webkit)
and I had to disable some C++ functionalities, like constexpr, initializer
list and some others.

unfortunately the headers are not deployed in the make install.... still
investigating why