[Interest] Docking Widgets - missing features

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Sep 16 20:54:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM, felix felix <felixover at gmail.com> wrote:
> The program i am porting makes heavy use of "Docking widgets". Now, prior to
> bragging about it, i had checked Qt supported it, too.
> It does, of course, but apparently with certain limitations.

Yeap, its basically a 'poor mans' dockwidgets and its not very
extensible either. So...

> He wont send me a copy of the app, though, but i can attach a
> screenshot...which indeed looks promising.
>
> Is there any way i can do the above thing with Qt?

Yes, write your own MainWindow, MainWindowLayout and DockWidget
classes implementing the behaviour you want.

> How did the developers of that other app do it?
> Are they using an external library? If so, which one?

Thats something you should ask the developers of the app and if they
won't tell you find a Qt expert that is willing and able to implement
it for you if you don't want to do it yourself. Maybe a google search
for third-party Qt libs is going to help on that, a quick check shows
that one of the more prominent ones (Qxt) does not have anything like
that.

Andreas