[Interest] Oops! Somebody's got a bad case of dependency bloat!

Christian Dähn daehn at asinteg.de
Wed Apr 10 15:44:02 CEST 2013

> Small hint: qmake supports "include", so I general have a "common" *.pro file
> which does nothing more than define common #defines and compiler settings.
>
> You can refine this "common" into "common_lib" and "common_exe", as to
> accomodate for different library and executable settings, if needed (both of
> them simply "inherit" the "common" settings by include).

;-)

I have developed an enterprise build-infrastructure based on undocumented QMake
functions -
and developed own bugfixes+patches for QMake ;-)

To prevent these discussions I strongly said "spreaded" projects - they are
physically and
(customer / contract related) separated and their .pri and .pro files thus MUST
be adapted manually.

So, yes: For most of my apps I use global .pri files (and for the experts:
.qmake.cache) - but not all
of my project have access to these global .pri due to different product /
customer / contract / security reasons
I cannot / am not allowed to change.

ciao,
Chris