[Interest] Oops! Somebody's got a bad case of dependency bloat!

Alejandro Exojo aexojo at modpow.es
Fri Apr 12 18:33:09 CEST 2013

On Wednesday 10 April 2013 12:14:06 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Is there anyone with time on their hands and would like to contribute a C++
> replacement for syncqt (the Perl script)?
>
> History trivia: qmake is a C++ replacement of an earlier Perl tool called
> tmake. See http://tmake.sourceforge.net/.

Would it make any sense to instead help QBS?

Maybe a single QBS binary could help a lot to bootstrap Qt sources, since it
theorethically do the same that Perl does, being backed by a real general
purpose language in case the declarative parts are not enough. And, honestly,
that would really be a boon to Qt, since if QBS succeeds, we could replace one
of the not so compelling parts of Qt. ;-)

--
Alejandro Exojo Piqueras

ModpoW, S.L.
Technova LaSalle | Sant Joan de la Salle 42 | 08022 Barcelona | www.modpow.es