[Interest] [Mingw-w64-public] Not getting large file support when configuring Qt 4.8.4 for win32-g++-4.6

K. Frank kfrank29.c at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:46:17 CEST 2013

Hello Lists!

I'm am building Qt 4.8.4 with mingw-w64 4.8.1 on a 64-bit windows 7 machine.

(Specifically, qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.4.zip and
x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.8-stdthread-win64_rubenvb.7z, downloaded
recently.)

When I run configure, specifying "-platform win32-g++-4.6", but not specifying
anything about large file support one way or the other, it seems that large file
support is turned off.  The output form configure contains:

   Large File support..........no

I am under the impression that configure is supposed to turn on large file
support, based on auto-detected capabilities of the system in question.

One thought that crossed my mind is that maybe 64-bit mingw-w64 no
longer needs special large file support turned on, in that it always has
is, but I couldn't find any commentary to this effect.

Maybe I'm wrong about configure auto-detecting large file support, and I
need to specify it manually.

Or maybe my system is messed up somehow.

Thanks for any advice.

K. Frank