[Interest] [Mingw-w64-public] Not getting large file support when configuring Qt 4.8.4 for win32-g++-4.6

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Mon Apr 15 10:47:29 CEST 2013

[...]
> > Is there some sort of log? Hard to tell what configure did to test
> > without it.
>
> First, I don't know whether configure does a test.  I saw some online
> comments that suggest it does, but nothing definitive.
>
> Second, I don't see anything that looks like a log of tests run by configure.
> (But I certainly don't know where to look.)

Run configure with -v option to see the configure log. Anyhow, there's indeed
No compile time check... configure.exe in qt4 just sets it to 'NO'.

Actually the configure option is new in 4.8.4, and a backport from qt 5.0 :

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,27591

Unfortunately the following fix for the multiple defines issue wasn't backported:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,29140

I uploaded

https://codereview.qt-project.org/53769

to fix it in the next qt 4.8 release.

So ... LFS is enabled with 4.8.4 on MinGW by default, and the configure output is just plain wrong. Just ignore it.

Regards

Kai