[Interest] Performance tips for 'ticker' animation?

Cornelius Hald hald at icandy.de
Wed Aug 7 14:24:42 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 13:29 +0200, Tomasz Olszak wrote:
> Could you please test it on different machine and GPU.
> I have encountered some issues with Intel integrated graphics. When
> Item was animated and it was on top of the scene (some kind of
> overlay) it blinked multiple times a second. With NVidia and arm mali
> it was Ok.
> Maybe you have similar problem.

You're right, I'm sometimes seeing this blinking/flickering as well.
Usually restarting the application helps. This however is not that kind
of flickering it is really just a jerky/slow animation.

This kind of animation (high contrast, slow moving, large size) is very
prone to look jerky. So probably the fps is still too slow - at least
some times. The question is how to improve it?

Thanks for your input!
Conny