[Interest] Qt Installer Framework

Jenssen Tim Tim.Jenssen at digia.com
Mon Jan 28 14:57:19 CET 2013

Yes you are right that is not as comfortable as it could be. The feature that directories are compressed came as an additional feature some time after we had the possiblity to download updates from a repository.

But some of the ifw users are deciding case by case which file should be downloaded inside the script. For example 32/64bit and that is the reason why we doesn't generate the downloadableArchive list automaticaly. Not sure what the best way would be to make both usecases possible. Maybe something like if there is no downloadableArchive value in xml or script then just generate that from the content/data directory of that component. I created a task on jira: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTIFW-210 and I introduce you to vote on it ;)

> Also, workflow "1. generate repo 2. fix package.xml 3. regenerate repo 4. create installer" looks awkward too, steps 2 and 3 are unnecessary. Or am i missing something?
Sorry don't understand that. In which case do you have these 4 steps?