[Interest] can qt.conf be put in a common location?

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 07:21:59 CET 2013

Hi Link,

----- Original Message -----

I went ahead today and created a libQt5Core that had the patched paths.  There were 14 paths to tweak, and it took just a few minutes to patch the paths.

Now, I am using this patched libQt5Core on my embedded target, and I no longer need a qt.conf for each of the dozens of Qt example apps and other apps of mine I want to run on the target hardware.  Yaaay!

I still have my pristine Qt 5 SDK on Ubuntu (which is installed into its prefix dir) which allows me to cross-compile my Qt 5 apps for arm on Ubuntu, via qmake/make, then manually deploying the app on the embedded target.

I also have Qt 5.0.0 for Ubuntu, installed from the binaries, for development and testing in Qt Creator 2.6.1 on Ubuntu.

I don't think it would hurt to document the "how to do it properly" process, if time permits.   Thanks to all involved for the discussion and tips.   This is an improved workflow for cross-compiling and running Qt 5 apps on an embedded target.

- Steve