[Interest] TUIO (multi-touch) Input Plugin

Rutledge Shawn Shawn.Rutledge at digia.com
Wed Mar 6 15:26:36 CET 2013

On 6 Mar 2013, at 2:38 PM, Casimiro, Daniel C CIV NUWC NWPT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a input plugin for Qt 5 that parses TUIO. I think that it is pretty useful. The code is available on github at:
>
> https://github.com/dancasimiro/qtuiotouch
>
> Documentation:
> The documentation is sparse, but the code is based on the multi-touch input plugin that is shipped with Qt.
>
> Testing:
> My plugin has only been tested on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. I am using multi-touch hardware from Perceptive Pixel and the TUIO server distributed with their drivers.
>
> Dependencies:
> - Qt 5
> - Boost ASIO
>
> Known bugs:
> - I want to improve the latency in tracking fingers in Qt Quick 2 applications
> - The plugin must be manually loaded by passing "-plugin TuioTouch" to your application

That sounds like fun.

I think we don't support multi-pointer X, but if you have a big touch table and multiple users, it's a similar scenario.  So I suppose you can drag and pinch multiple items at once, but cannot give keyboard focus to multiple items at once, right?

Is it possible that xinput 2.2 could work with this hardware, if someone wrote the X driver for it?  Because we already support that kind of multi-point touch without any plugins.  But maybe the tagged objects are too special, not ordinary touch points.

Can you tell more about your application to use this?