[Interest] Qwt and upgrading to Qt 5

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Sat Mar 23 18:56:18 CET 2013

On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 09:25:11 -0700, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> You may have heard stories about Wayland and whether it's ready for
> desktop usage. That's irrelevant... it's ready for embedded use already
> and has been for a year.

I have to make a platform decision ( unrelated to Qwt ) in the following
months for new types of hardware. QWS was o.k. for the past, but the
missing integration of OpenGL is an issue I would like to avoid for the
future.

As we have tons of widgets based libraries QML is no option, but using
Wayland is an realistic option - if stable.

> And will have definitely surpassed the old QWS
> server when the input method mechanism is integrated into Wayland in the
> next feature release.

What we have is a touch, a couple of hard keys ( mapped to buttons ) and
an encoder used like a mouse wheel - guess you wrote about less basic
input methods.

Thanks a lot for the hint,

Uwe