[Interest] Install both Qt5 and Qt4.7 at one Ubuntu

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Mon Oct 7 14:24:18 CEST 2013

On 10/7/2013 5:51 AM, Николай Шатохин wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need Qt4.7 for developing apps for embedded systems and Qt5 for
> desktop apps. Is it possible to install it both in Ubuntu 13.04 without
> conflicts?

I have pretty much the same requirement where I still need 4.7.1 to
build for an embedded device.  I had Qt 4.7.1 on Fedora 16.  I upgraded
QtCreator's SDK with the latest and it installed Qt5.  I added a kit and
chose version 4.7.1 which was still installed.  Now I can choose
whichever kit I want to build with.  I've also set up some kits to
deploy remotely using either.

If you have a new install of Ubuntu, you can install the latest Qt SDK
and you will get Qt 5 and then you can always add 4.7.1.