[Interest] use custom fragment shader for Quick2 Image item

Ola Røer Thorsen ola at silentwings.no
Fri Oct 25 09:35:17 CEST 2013

Hi Gunnar,

thanks a lot for the explanation. With this solution the performance is
good enough, and easy to implement.

The images I'm using for this are 1280x960 so I recon they won't be put in
an atlas anyway even in 5.2. Still I guess the hints would be helpful when
you get time to implement them. I'm planning to test the 5.2 beta as soon
as possible, really looking forward to trying the new scenegraph!

Regarding a big image like this, 1280x960, what kind of texture is Qt using
internally for that? 2048x1024? Or is it using a non-"power-of-two"
texture?

Best regards,
Ola