[Interest] on plugins and qtuiotouch

Andrea Franceschini therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 19:07:10 CEST 2013

2013/9/19 Andrea Franceschini <therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com>:
> 2013/9/19 Casimiro, Daniel C CIV NUWC NWPT <daniel.casimiro at navy.mil>:

>> You could try running my tuiodump utility to get more information.
>
> I'll try with that.

This is the frame I get every second

TUIO  Frame 13812:
    Added: 748(0.812134,0.707794),
    Updated:
    Removed: 748(0.812134,0.707794),
DONE

I suppose it's unique to my hardware because I've never seen anything
like this before. However it would seem that your code is handling it
by taking care of the Added before the Removed. In theory this should
not be a problem, but given that they insist on the same session id,
this leads to the bug. I'd try to get a syncronised version of both
tuio and osc dumps but as they are not timestamped it's not easy and
my head is starting to drift already :) I'll do it tomorrow if you
need it. However what I saw from the osc dump is that I get an Obj
message every second, simply stating "alive" and that's it. I'm no
expert in low level TUIO messages, though, so I have no idea what this
may mean.

My suggestion would be to look into the specs and see if this weird
frame is even mentioned. If it's not you could probably either change
the order in which you deal with the operations, or just treat it as
an update, since it clearly is. I mean, the session id doesn't even
change...

Hope this helps.

--
Andrea Franceschini