[Interest] Creating a video feed or overlay

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 22:03:31 CEST 2014

I've had mixed experiences with overlays, it all depends on the platform and where you insert yourself into it. (DirectX is bad)
I would try to avoid capturign/displaying QImages and QPixmaps. I'd try to keep it all in YUV, includign your overlay, for easy merging that can be done on a OpenCL implementation. However, if on a Linux you might get it for essentially free by sticking  widget on top of the video widget and making sure they are both GL implemented.