[Interest] Qt concurrency memory model C++11

Frank Meffert mefix at gmx.de
Wed Dec 17 11:14:39 CET 2014

Hey Qt folks,

I’ve got a general question on Qt’s implementation of concurrency (i.e.
QThread et al.).
The new C++ standard introduces a whole new way of concurrency,
incorporating a new memory model making it unnecessary to use 3rd party
libs like pthread, for instance.

As far as I know, Qt is currently using the pthread-library – in case of
linux – within all concurrency related classes.

Will Qt make use of the new memory model and the new Thread API of the new
C++ standard in future releases? Are there any plans/roadmaps?

Thanks in advance,

Frank