[Interest] Meteor and Qt: match made in heaven

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Mon Dec 22 18:44:16 CET 2014

Hi,

I created a small QML DDP library wrapper, which makes it possible to
interface and Meteor from any native app written with Qt. This in turn
enables using Meteor as a back-end for native apps on a dozen or so
platforms (ranging from the desktop Win/Mac/Linux trinity to
Android/iOS/WinPhone/etc on mobile).

http://achipa.blogspot.com/2014/12/meteor-and-qt-match-made-in-heaven.html

The reason I think this would be appealing for Meteor devs is that it
doesn't
break the isomorphic language principle - given Qt actually uses
JavaScript in QML (the example I used in my blog post is 100%  JS).

I'm not looking to replace Cordova in Meteor per se, but rather to
enable Meteor
as a back-end for high-performance low-latency cross-platform native
clients.

The QML DDP wrapper library (codename Qondrite):
https://github.com/achipa/qondrite

A demo using Qondrite with the Meteor Todo app:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9KqDrqYRsc

Comments, ideas, feature requests welcome!

Best regards,
Attila