[Interest] How do I use custom Paint Engine/Device globally?

Max Savenkov max.savenkov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 10:12:38 CET 2014

If I write my own implementation of QPaintEngine/QPaintDevice, how can I
make Qt use them in my application without sub-classing all used widgets? I
want to render all Qt graphics through a 3rd party library. I guess the
answer would also depend on whether I want to use usual widgets, or Qt
Quick, and I would like to know it for both those cases, if they are at all
different.

Specifically, I would like to try to render Qt through Allegro library to
use it for game GUI.