[Interest] Finished resizing a window?

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 07:26:32 CET 2014

Am 25.02.2014 um 00:45 schrieb "Tony Rietwyk" <tony at rightsoft.com.au>:

> Hi John,
>
> I would suggest a short single-shot timer roughly:

Yes, using a timer should work, I did this in a 3D "point rendering/editing" application where rendering the "point cloud" (in software - and we talk about the year 2000 ;)) was expensive.

So while the timer did not shoot I simply  resized the (already) rendered pixmap (giving some sort of interactive feeling), and after the user did not resize the window for, say, 200 ms then I would do the full rendering/update.

Cheers,
  Oliver