[Interest] Integrating with WPF through ANGLE's IDirect3DSurface9

Thomas Sevaldrud thomas at silentwings.no
Fri Jan 24 17:55:18 CET 2014

Hello,

I know that what I'm about to ask is somewhat of a heresy, but is there a
way to access to the IDirect3DSurface9 used as a back buffer by the ANGLE
OpenGL Wrapper in Qt?

The ultimate goal of this hack is to integrate a QWindow into a WPF
application. I know this sounds real evil, but the WPF requirement is way
out of my control, and I would really like to avoid copying the frame
buffer via system memory. By using the D3DSurface I can simply plug it into
a D3DImage in .NET (I've done this with other D3D applications before, so I
know it works)

I've been digging around in the Qt code but this far I haven't been able to
figure out exactly how ANGLE is initialized and where it fits into the rest
of everything.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

- Thomas