[Interest] Qt5, XCB and X11

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Jul 11 17:44:57 CEST 2014

On Friday 11 July 2014 07:54:25 Rutledge Shawn wrote:
> GTK depends on them too, and LSB includes GTK; so I don't understand how it
> could be absent.

First of all, the libraries inside the LSB do not have to obey LSB itself.
What matters is that those libraries be present in the target system,
providing the interfaces that LSB requires them to.

How they go about accomplishing that is not part of the standard.

Second, the standardised version of GTK is pretty old. It links to libX11, not
to libxcb.