[Interest] ActiveQt: exposing QObject* as Q_PROPERTY

Julien Maille julien.maille at data-pixel.com
Tue Jul 15 11:19:32 CEST 2014

Dear All, I know it is quite hard to get support on ActiveQt, probably
because only a few people use this module.

Here is my problem.
I have an application that is composed of different QtPlugin.
I already have added a COM compoment to the main application.

Now I would like to give access to some MyObject* (that inherits
QObject) that are created by the plugins. I'm not really sure how to do
this. With what I already tried it seems that I would have to add the
.cpp of those classes in my main application (which does not make sense)
otherwise it won't link
I also tried to expose it as a QObject but it will be ignored when
building the COM interface:

  /****** Property is of unsupported datatype
   [id(2), readonly] QObject* params;
  ******/

Should I have one QaxFactory per plugin? I currently only have one for
the main application
Does the factory has to be aware of the implementation of MyObject (ie.
the cpp)?

Thanks a lot for your help