[Interest] Qt Quick MouseArea cursor

Alex Montgomery apmontgomery at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 18:26:02 CEST 2014

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the cursorShape property of MouseArea. I have a
reasonably complex scene that has several elements including multiple items
with MouseAreas. Some of the MouseAreas have a cursorShape set to
Qt.OpenHandCursor.

I want to catch scrollWheel events for the entire window, so I've added a
top-level MouseArea that accepts no buttons, but listens for wheel events.
Unfortunately, that MouseArea has broken all the other MouseAreas'
cursorShape settings! Even though it accepts no buttons and does not set a
cursorShape, it seems that the default cursorShape of Qt.ArrowCursor takes
effect whether I like it or not.

Is there a way around this? Is this a Qt Quick bug that I should file? I'd
really appreciate any help with this.

Thank you,
Alex