[Interest] Application Plugins

Graham Labdon Graham.Labdon at avalonsciences.com
Tue Jul 22 17:09:51 CEST 2014

Hi
I am developing a set of plugins for my Qt application using VS 2012
When I created the project I selected Qt Library as the project type, but when I load the library with QPluginLoader the 'instance' method failed.
I then created another VS project using the 'Qt Application' as the project type and deleted main.cpp and using the VS properties manager I  set the configuration type to Dynamic library, Using this method the plugin is loaded and behaves as expected.
I have compared the VS configuration properties and they are identical.
I have created a .pro file for both projects using VS and they are also identical.

I would be grateful if you could tell me the reason for this

Thanks