[Interest] Application Plugins

Bo Thorsen bo at vikingsoft.eu
Wed Jul 23 10:21:53 CEST 2014

Den 22-07-2014 17:09, Graham Labdon skrev:
> Hi
> I am developing a set of plugins for my Qt application using VS 2012
> When I created the project I selected Qt Library as the project type, but when I load the library with QPluginLoader the 'instance' method failed.
> I then created another VS project using the 'Qt Application' as the project type and deleted main.cpp and using the VS properties manager I  set the configuration type to Dynamic library, Using this method the plugin is loaded and behaves as expected.
> I have compared the VS configuration properties and they are identical.
> I have created a .pro file for both projects using VS and they are also identical.
>
> I would be grateful if you could tell me the reason for this

The only way I have found that it's possible to debug this is to
singlestep through the Qt plugin loader code.

One problem that I've seen multiple times in the Qt 4 (don't know if
this is fixed in 5) is that if I have run the application in debug mode,
the plugin system stores a list of known plugins in the config. So when
I switched to debug, it still tries to load the debug plugin and that
won't work. After deleting the file with the cache list, I could load
the plugin.

Sorry that I can't be of more help. Fire up the debugger :(

Bo.

--
Viking Software
Qt and C++ developers for hire