[Interest] qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.2.1.zip broken?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sun Mar 23 08:57:06 CET 2014

Em dom 23 mar 2014, às 08:47:04, Guido Seifert escreveu:
> > Passing something different should work (and does work on Unix), but as
> > you've found out, it's broken on Windows since no one tests that.
>
> Yep, I love Unix/Linux. Everything is so easy there. :-D
> Nevertheless, do you think this is worth a bug report? From the error
> message, it is probably a fixed path in generated code, which ignores the
> -prefix. I am very surprised that nobody reported this problem, yet. I
> doubt that I am the first one, who over tried to compile Qt 5.2.1 from the
> sources.

Yes, please report it.

I'm sure lots of people have compiled from sources. I have. That's not the
problem.

Lots of people have also compiled in out-of-source builds. That's also not the
problem.

> Ok, ok, true, but only words. Of course 'install-out-of-build' is IMHO
> absolutely necessary.

I'm glad you prefixed it with "IMHO", because evidence shows that most people
don't care. The evidence is the fact that no one else has run into this before
you.

> I know. I can live with not being able to move Qt. I can live with not being
> able to install it out of build, too... but now not being able to do either
> of both, is a bit too inconvenient. And this is definitely not so for 15
> years. ;-)

Right. Running make install has worked at some time or another in the past. In
fact, IIRC, the Qt 4 build scripts did just that.

Anyway, you can work around this by extracting the sources where you want them
to be. If you don't like the "qtbase" part of the name, then extract qtbase in
your target dir and all the other modules elsewhere. They don't have to be
side-by-side like the master .zip file has them.