[Interest] New Development Environment

Bo Thorsen bo at vikingsoft.eu
Sun Feb 8 08:30:19 CET 2015

Den 07-02-2015 kl. 20:09 skrev Karl Ruetz:
> Our company is about to start the process of altering our Qt development environment.
> I’ve noticed that it seems most of the Trolls (if I can still use that term) are using Ubuntu.
> I’d like to save a little of trial and error and find out what version of Ubuntu 64-bit would be best to use if we plan to setup Qt and QtCreator from the latest Enterprise versions available.  Any inputs would be welcome.

Hi Karl,

Don't choose your Linux version from this. Qt works well on all the
newer Linux versions. Ubuntu is fine, but openSUSE, RedHat, Mint or any
of the others are just as good.

If you choose one of the major versions, Qt won't give you any problems.
And it probably won't on more esoteric versions.

I would choose this based more on the toolchain available on the
platform. Up to date gcc and gdb, for example. For example, in Ubuntu I
just got hit by a really bad gdb bug that made gdb unusable for large
projects.

Bo Thorsen,
Director, Viking Software.

--