[Interest] New Development Environment

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Sun Feb 8 11:55:43 CET 2015

On Sat, Feb 07, 2015 at 01:09:27PM -0600, Karl Ruetz wrote:
> Our company is about to start the process of altering our Qt development
> environment.  I’ve noticed that it seems most of the Trolls (if I can still
> use that term) are using Ubuntu. I’d like to save a little of trial and
> error and find out what version of Ubuntu 64-bit would be best to use if we
> plan to setup Qt and QtCreator from the latest Enterprise versions available.
> Any inputs would be welcome.

The prevalence of Ubuntu on some of the developers' machines (if it is still
there...) is mostly a historical artifact. I would not take this into account.

For Qt and Qt Creator itself, I would go with either distribution packages
(if available, and not patched too heavily), or, more likely, build
from a tagged release in git.

Andre'