[Interest] "Flat Light" Style How?

Curtis Mitch mitch.curtis at theqtcompany.com
Mon Feb 9 16:04:52 CET 2015

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jason H [mailto:jhihn at gmx.com]
> Sent: Friday, 6 February 2015 3:09 PM
> To: Curtis Mitch
> Cc: Agocs Laszlo; interest at qt-project.org
> Subject: Re: RE: [Interest] "Flat Light" Style How?
>
> All pretty simple:
>
> 1) Font sizes are simply too small.

I'm not sure if this is specific to your use case or if you mean that it's illegible in general. We've tested the style on embedded, desktop and mobile devices, and it was definitely legible. The text size is based off the default font size for the device, so if that's being set incorrectly, the text size will be wrong (and it will affect other things that rely on the default font size, like Qt Quick Controls).

Please create a bug report so that we can take a look.

> 2) I want to colorize the button. Flat style uses green accents, I want
> them to be various colors, like orange or blue.
> 3) Sometimes, I want the button to be that solid color with white text.

Per-control customisations like this require use of the styling API that is not supported, as mentioned before. This is not specific to the Enterprise Controls, it's just that Qt Quick Controls wasn't designed for this use case. The idea is that you can customise a control using the Base style, but if you're using a derived style, you use it more or less as-is.

However, it is possible, and we need to do it ourselves in some places. You need to import the Flat style into a namespace (here, it's "Flat") and then qualify the style name with that namespace:

style: Flat.CircularGaugeStyle {
    tickmarkStepSize: 20
    labelStepSize: 40
    minorTickmarkCount: 2