[Interest] Deploying Qt to MacOs still...errr, sucks?

Daniel França daniel.franca at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:46:18 CET 2015

Hi guys,
I know the subject is a little rude, but 2 years ago I'd a lot of problems
trying to deploy an app to OS X, as you can see here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20895398/cant-deploy-qt-5-2-quick-app-to-mac-osx

You can see people with similar problems:
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/48391
http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/50118

The solutions usually involves some custom script/app/macdeployqt.

Anyway, at that time I was able to deploy, but it sucked.
Now, 2 years later and with the fresh new Qt5.4, I'm again deploying Qt to
OSX and I faced similar problems.
Which led me to the question: Is anyone looking on that? Or am I doing
something terrible wrong?

I can't image that in 2 years no one cared about deployment on OSX.

Any feedback is welcome.

Best,
Daniel