[Interest] Deploying Qt to MacOs still...errr, sucks?

Nuno Santos nunosantos at imaginando.pt
Mon Feb 9 18:16:00 CET 2015

Daniel,

To deploy a Mac OSX Qt Quick app do the following:

Imagine that your build was made to /tmp/build_YOUR_APP_NAME_clang_64_Release

cd /tmp
/PATH_TO_YOUR_QT/clang_64/bin/macdeployqt -qmldir=/path_to_your_app_source YOUR_APP_NAME.app

You need to run macdeployqt with the qmldir option, specifying the path of your qml files. This way, macdeployqt will analyse your qml source files and copy the respective plugins to the bundle.

Regards,

Nuno