[Interest] Deploying Qt to MacOs still...errr, sucks?

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:27:40 CET 2015

> Am 09.02.2015 um 17:46 schrieb Daniel França <daniel.franca at gmail.com>:

> The solutions usually involves some custom script/app/macdeployqt.

AFAIK the recommended way is still to run the 'macdeployqt' tool and then manually remove all unecessary Qt plugins ("manually" = "by qmake commands or own script").

That deals with the Qt dependency.

Any additional 3rd party library (not present on a virgin OS X) you have to treat yourself (read: "qmake commands" or a script) in the same way as macdeployqt does with the Qt libraries: the 'install_name_tool' becomes your close friend and the process should be deep in your DNA as a Mac Developer ;)

Last time I tried that I had no issues with that.

If you additionally want to deploy in the Mac App Store read the corresponding Qt docs. They explain what compiler/linker settings to set in order to get the necessary debug objects etc.

Cheers,
  Oliver