[Interest] Deploying Qt to MacOs still...errr, sucks?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 23:27:19 CET 2015

On Monday February 09 2015 22:09:41 Daniel França wrote:

> Thanks for the tip René, for now I'm trying to really understand
> install_name_tool.
>
> I thought I did :P

Don't worry, I don't think you're the only one :)

> The error is that it's referencing my local Qt for QtCore and QtSql, right?
> So I supposed I should run install_name_tool to change that.

Yes. Sounds like the script may skip plugins?

> So I did:
> *install_name_tool -change ~/Qt5.4.0/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtSql.framework/QtSql
> @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtSql.framework/QtSql
> MyBundle.app/Contents/PlugIns/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib*
>
> *install_name_tool -change
> ~/Qt5.4.0/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/QtCore
> @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/QtCore
> MyBundle.app/Contents/PlugIns/sqldrivers/libqsqlite.dylib*
>
> I don't receive any output running those commands, not failure neither
> successful

Not getting an error is a good sign, but that doesn't mean you gave the correct input. I'd try with a full path instead of using the tilde for referring to your homedir; too often I've had to handle expansion of that notation in my own code so I no longer trust shells to do it for me.

I presume you checked the effect of your command with otool? And the location where plugins have to be stored. Oh, and you're not by chance running on a case-sensitive filesystem and using your own capitalisation (PlugIns where the distribution directory has plugins in all lower case)?!

R.