[Interest] Font problem

henning.carlsen at rosenkildeglas.dk henning.carlsen at rosenkildeglas.dk
Mon Feb 9 22:31:41 CET 2015

Hi QT experts.

I hope you can help me out here.

I have recently ported a QT4 on SUSELinux project into a QT5 Ubuntu.

Most things are well but Boss complains that the text in fields and buttons
are now exploding the frames.

The font is newer set in the project, only sizes is set on widgets, so the
default font is used.

Investigating in the old project printing out the font() for a fields,
reviles that "DejaVu Sans" is the font used.

Even though I can't find the font on the embedded disk running the system.

On the QT5 the same font is still used but now being about 10-12% wider.

Has the default font for QT been changed from QT4 to QT5 and how can I get
hold on the original font used as default for QT4.

Br

Henning Carlsen