[Interest] "Internal data stream error" when trying to play video file

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:57:27 CET 2015

I'm using Qt 5.4.0 on Linux. QtMultimedia is compiled with GStreamer
support (0.10.36).

When trying to play a video file, QMediaPlayer raises an error:

   Error: "Internal data stream error."

and the video file will not play. Just in case in was an error in my
code, I tried playing the file using the example player from the
qtmultimedia-opensource-src-5.4.0.tar.xz package
(examples/multimediawidgets/player/). The same error occurs.

If I play the file manually with gstreamer:

   $ gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///tmp/video.mpg

it plays just fine.

Is this a Qt bug?