[Interest] QML FS? Node.JS's 'fs'?

Bo Thorsen bo at vikingsoft.eu
Fri Feb 13 09:19:52 CET 2015

On 02/12/2015 05:19 PM, Jason H wrote:
> So I want to do some elementary fs stuff. Mainly a delete. I was
> hoping there was an existing QML library to do this?

I have heard of some people experimenting with JS libraries and QML. But
I haven't heard anyone say they found a 100% working solution yet.

For all stuff like this, you basically have to do it in C++. Q_INVOKABLE
is your friend for this. Write the method in C++ in a Q_OBJECT, export
the object to the JS parts.

There is an upside to this. You can now unit test your code much easier
than if it was JS based.

Bo Thorsen,
Director, Viking Software.

--