[Interest] "-glib" has no effect?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Feb 20 04:43:12 CET 2015

On Friday 20 February 2015 05:09:56 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> Ah, thanks. Actually I don't even need GMainLoop. It's just that
> gstreamer does message dispatch through it *if* there one currently
> running. But otherwise, there's hooks to advance the internal gstreamer
> bus messages manually through gst_bus_pop().

One way to do this is to do it the EFL way: lie and steal.

Lie to GStreamer that there is a GMainLoop running, then steal the information
from the GSources, adding them back to the Qt mainloop. If it's a GTimeout,
you should be able to just do a QTimer.

[Yes, EFL does this and the "steal file descriptors" was described to me by its
maintainer :-)]