[Interest] "Dynamic session lookup supported but failed"

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri May 15 09:53:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm seeing this message printed on my terminal when I start Qt5 applications under certain conditions, on OS X:

Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

Before I start hunting that string down in the Qt source code: is there a way for an application to indicate that it has no business with the DBus or any other kind of session lookup? If not: does Qt use DBus/"dynamic session lookup" behind the scenes to implement certain functionality that the user might miss even in a purely standalone application?

Thanks,
R.