[Interest] MSVC 2015, configure 64 bit, missing 'arch.exe'

Kalinowski Maurice Maurice.Kalinowski at theqtcompany.com
Mon Oct 19 13:12:09 CEST 2015

> Interesting. How do you force the usage of the the 64-bit native compiler?

[Kalinowski Maurice]
Open a cmd.exe and use "<Visual Studio Install Dir>\vc\vcvars x64". That one sets up the environment up to use the 64bit cl.exe etc in your PATH.

Btw. I was not able to reproduce this, at least against 5.5.1 being released last week. So some more input might be helpful here. Both 64bit and 32bit builds seem to work. So some more details would be beneficial (eg. Which command line you are using, any of the shortcuts by VS or such?).

Maurice