[Interest] Qt 5.5 and accessibility on OSX

Adam Light aclight at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 23:43:47 CEST 2015

Hi

I'm using Qt 5.5.1 on Mac OSX 10.10.5.

I noticed my application being slower than expected, so I compiled a
release build and ran the application under the Instruments time profiler
(using release builds of the Qt libraries).

If I'm understanding the data correctly, about 45% of the time is spent in
QAccessibleEvent::uniqueId() and functions that calls. Many of these are
after calling QLabel::setText().

As far as I can tell, my application is doing nothing to make itself
accessible, and I don't have any accessibility features turned on in the
OS. So I'd be surprised if what should really amount to a no-op is causing
such a performance problem.

Is there a way for me to disable all accessibility in Qt so I can repeat
the profiling and see if performance improves?

Thanks
Adam