[Interest] How to combine glLineWidth call with Qt3D in QML?

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Wed Sep 9 10:40:36 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 09 Sep 2015 10:17:13 Björn Breitmeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you shouldn't rely on glLineWidth at all. It works only for a very limited
> amount of values, if at all. Its a deprecated feature, if you want thick
> lines you will need to create a triangle strip.

Good point. I was thinking about compatibility profile but let's not go there.
So yeah creating a triangle strip or even volumetric lines is the way to go
for stand alone lines. For lines super imposed upon other geometry you can
also use the technique shown in the wireframe example.

Cheers,

Sean
--
Dr Sean Harmer | sean.harmer at kdab.com | Managing Director UK