[Interest] CLion to replace QtCreator?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Apr 5 17:35:12 CEST 2016

On terça-feira, 5 de abril de 2016 16:03:35 PDT NoMercy wrote:
> And people keep saying that it is open source, you do it, why don't you do
> it etc. well it maybe open source but I think Qt company is payed well
> considering the license costs, why dont Qt Company do something about it?
> isn't it Qt Company's official product after all?

I don't work for the Qt Company and I don't know their financials well, but my
guess is that they are not swimming in money and profits. It costs money to do
what they're doing now and it costs money to do other things that they aren't
doing yet. (obviously)

More specifically, I don't think there's a financial interest. Do you really
think that the Qt Company is going to make a lot more money if this plugin
existed? Who would buy a commercial licence just because the CLion plugin
exists?

No, the way I guess it works, when companies choose a commercial Qt licence,
they don't care which IDEs their developers use.